We’re back training together, mindful of distancing guidelines and in groups of no more than six. We’d love to see you all again.
No changing, no toilets – Contact Malcolm, Debbie or Chris before attending.
This week’s Wythenshawe sessions:
- Tuesday: 3 x one mile (5k pace, 400m jog recovery) 2mile easy warm up and warm down.
- Thursday: Two sets of 5 x 400m (100m rolling jog rec, 5 mins between sets)
- Include one longer run (up to 10ml) once every 2 weeks.
- Include a 4 mile tempo run on alternative weeks (85% of race pace)
The disruption of our Spring and Summer objectives presents a number of challenges.
- There are zero official competitions to focus on
- It’s too early to start a period aimed at competition in early 2021 – progression will increase intensity too excessively
- July and August should be a period of lower intensity so this is an opportunity to trial a number of new session structures.
The proposal is to commence a four month training period with progression of mileage, volume and pace in September. This year there will be modifications to the plan regarding recoveries, length of repetitions and target pace.
Due to the recent issues the crucial element of hill runs could not be exploited in early Spring and this form of session will be added. This is also a good opportunity to experiment with pace, heart rate analysis and cycle lengths.
The training mix will comprise of Steady and Tempo runs, long runs, Long and medium intervals, Style Sprints and Hill runs (not in the same week!). Variety with a number of paces.
Not specified but as this is normally a competitive part of the year (both on the track and the road)
Aim at a comfortable mileage for your circumstances, I expect this will typically be 20 -25 miles a week but higher for those with half marathon and marathon targets. In addition to the Tuesday and Thursday training sessions
We will attempt to arrange a group hill session during July