Tue 22nd is the last session at Wythenshawe of 2020. Back on Jan 5th. See here for various runs planed over the break.
Our new Winter training guidelines are here. It’ll be a little different.
- 4 days a week
- 5 phases
- Each phase focusses on a key strength: Aerobic, Strength, Anaerobic, Integration of phases and Preparation for races
- Builds in a base for races in the Spring and Summer.
Phase 1 – Aerobic
- 10-12 weeks
- Objective: Develop the Aerobic capacity of the athlete as a foundation to later apply Anaerobic stimuli.
- In this phase you CANNOT run to slowly, but it is possible to run to fast.
You should be able to talk for 30s whilst running- slow down or take recovery if you can’t.
- Long Run (1-2 hours, depending on wax possible, steady, relaxed “slow”)
- Tue 22nd 30 mins “Out and Back”
- Steady 45 minute run, just below Anaerobic with jog w/u and w/d
- Jog run (as long as possible)
The “out and back” is a high-end aerobic run:
- Warm-up briefly.
- Run at a comfortably fast pace.
- Take your split at half way and the final time at the finish.
- Compare the times for each half.
The out and back times should be the same.