Note: There are no seniors’ endurance training sessions due to current Covid rules.
We’re on week four of the Aerobic training phase of our training plan:
- Long Run (1-2 hours, steady, relaxed “slow”)
- 7th – 30 mins “Out and Back”
- 9th – Steady 45 minute run, just below Anaerobic with jog w/u and w/d
- Jog run (as long as possible)
“Out and back” is:
- Warm-up for a mile or so.
- Run “out” for 15 mins at a comfortably fast pace – you should still be able to talk for 30s
- Run “back” at a slightly faster pace. You should get back to the start in about 14min 30s
- Warm down for a mile or so
Choose a relatively flat route – running “back” downhill is missing the point!
Winter training guidelines are here.
- 4 days a week
- 5 phases
- Each phase focusses on a key strength: Aerobic, Strength, Anaerobic, Integration of phases and Preparation for races.
- Builds in a base for races in the Spring and Summer.
Phase 1 – Aerobic
- 10-12 weeks
- Objective: Develop the Aerobic capacity of the athlete as a foundation to later apply Anaerobic stimuli.
- In this phase you CANNOT run to slowly, but it is possible to run to fast.
- Recovery is as important as running.
You should be able to talk for 30s whilst running- slow down or take recovery if you can’t.